When I was on the lookout for breakfast ideas ,I came across Savory oats crepes by Usha of Veg Inspirations.I tried it out after making a few inclusion and exclusions and we all loved it. The original recipe used oats as such but I roasted it and also I excluded the tempering.Usha’s recipe is here .
Quick cooking oats-1 1/2 cups
Wheat flour-1 cup
Semolina /Sooji/White rava-3/4 cup
Salt to taste
Jeera -1 teaspoon
- Dry roast the oats till light brown and fragrant and powder finely
- In a large bowl put in all the ingredients and mix well
- Add enough water and make a batter of pouring consistency.Take care to avoid lumps.
- Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.[In the meantime you can prepare chutney.]
- Heat a griddle and pour a ladleful of batter and spread it to a circle using the back of the ladle.
- Drizzle a little oil around the edges if u are not using a non stick griddle
- When the edges lift up from the griddle, flip it over and cook for a minute.
- Serve hot with sambar / chutney.
Sometimes I pep it up a bit by adding curry leaves,finely chopped onions,coriander leaves etc…