I had a tin of condensed milk sitting around in my pantry for quite sometime. I used it up to prepare this dessert. We can call it instant milk halwa and it saves you the pain of standing in front of the pan stirring its contents. Yes, its the microwave version. A dessert in 6 minutes flat!!!
Sweetened condensed milk[I used-Milkmaid] – 1 tin [approx 200ml]
Fresh curd- 1 tablespoon
Nuts of your choice [ I used almonds]
Cardamom powder a pinch-optional
1. Take the milkmaid in a deep microwave safe bowl and heat it on medium for 3 minutes. Stir every minute.
2. After 3 minutes, add the curd mix well and microwave for 2 minutes, stirring every minute
3. Add nuts and cardamom powder and cook for a minute,stirring every 30 seconds.
4. Let it sand for a couple of seconds before taking it out of the microwave.
5. Cool and shape or serve as such.
When you try this for the first time, keep an eye on the timing. If cooked for a longer time [even 30 seconds extra] it will result in a chewy halwa,So stir every 30 seconds initially till you are sure about the timing.Also the cooking time depends on the brand and voltage ,so adjust the timing accordingly.
A deep dish is recommended as it will avoid the spilling of the contents on the plate.
Can we even think of a festival without sweets!!! So off this goes to
EC’s WYF-Festive treats
Shanthi’s -Sweets for festivals
Sara’a event– Sweet and savories and