I used to buy paneer from the stores until I realized how simple and tasty it is to prepare it at home.Not to mention we can vouch for its freshness.The texture is also very different from the store brought paneer.Once u try this version I am sure you will never go in for the ones in the store.
Here is a step-by-step procedure to prepare it at home.
1.Heat the required quantity of milk in a vessel.Bring it to boil ans switch off the flame.[Here I used 1 litre milk]
Paneer is now ready to be used in a dish of your choice.
I got just this much paneer from 1 litre milk.
- Store this whey in the fridge and the next time you prepare chapathi/Roti use this water to make the dough.
- It can also be used instead of lemon juice[as a starter] the next time u make paneer.
- Use it as a soup base
- Add a pinch of salt and drink it up
- Use it while preparing baked goodies.
- Use it in milkshakes instead/with milk.