By now I am pretty sure everyone is aware of my love for yogurt based dishes.Though it is officially autumn here,it feels like summer has never ended.Its blazing hot outside.A chilled raita with a one pot meal is the most ideal meal for me in this type of climate.I made this Brinjal Raita and paired it with Corn Pulao.
Ginger garlic paste-1 teaspoon
Chilli powder- to taste
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying
Cumin-1/2 a teaspoon
Red chilli -1
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Slice brinjal and apply a little ginger garlic paste and keep aside for 10 minutes
- In a pan heat oil for shallow frying and arrange the brinjal pieces in the pan.
- Shallow fry both side till they turn almost crisp and brown.Take care not to char the slices.
- Drain and keep aside
- Beat the chilled curd with chilli powder and salt.
- Heat a small pan with oil and put in the seasonings.
- When it splutters pour over the beaten curd and mix well.
- Put in the fried brinjal.
- Mix gently and serve immediately garnished with coriander leaves.
Sending this to Akila who is hosting Dish name starting with B