Gujarati Kadhi was born [in my kitchen,of course] after I made the Punjabi Kadi Pakora.After this I went on and prepared Taro Kadhi, capsicum kadhi, Palak kadhi.All these are still in my drafts and today I made up my mind to post Gujarati kadhi.
This kadhi is a lot thinner in consistency when compared to Punjabi Kadi Pakora.A very light and yummy accompaniment for steamed rice
Yogurt / Curd- 2 cups
Besan / gram flour – 2 tablespoons
Ginger green chilli paste – 1 teaspoon
Sugar- 1 tablespoon
Curry leaves a few
Turmeric powder- a pinch
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
Mustard- 1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1 teaspoon
Red chillies-2 , broken into bits
Asafoetida powder- a pinch
Coriander leaves to garnish
- Beat together curd,besan, 2 cups water, turmeric powder, ginger green chilli paste, sugar and salt.[I ran this mixture in a blender jar for a minute so that there are no lumps.]
- In a pan put in this blended mixture, curry leaves and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 5- 10 minutes till the raw smell of besan disappears.Add more water if needed.
- Meanwhile, heat a small pan with oil and put in the ingredients for tempering.
- When it splutters,pour this over the simmering kadhi and let it simmer for another couple of minutes
- Remove from heat and serve garnished with coriander leaves.
Now for the awards….
Archana of The Mad Scientist’s Kitchen has passed on these wonderful awards…
The rules say that I have to tell you 7 things about myself.I have already share a few secrets here.Anyways, I will share something else here …
- I am in the process of cooking new dishes from the huge collection of recipes that I have.The collection is growing steadily and I can’t stop collecting / book marking recipes.
- Anytime I go to the library ,Lil Angel runs to the kids section first.So my priorities have changed.Kiddy books first, then some thrillers and finally to the cookbook section.
- I love to go out for walks everyday.
- My recent passion is gardening.I have started out with growing fenugreek, coriander, oregano and bittergourd in the little patch in our back yard.
- Jasmine is my favorite flower.
- I love to watch cookery shows on TV . My favorites are Nigella Lawson, Madhur Jaffery , Kylie Kwang.
- I love to watch black and white movies.I feel they are better than the movies of today…
I am supposed to pass this award to 15 other bloggers and I am really in a fix now, not knowing whom to include as there are so many out there who deserve these wonderful awards…Anyways,since I have only 15 to choose from,here they are….
- Mina of Authentic Vegetarian Recipes
- Gayathri Kumar of Gayathri’s cook spot
- Savitha Ganesan of Savitha’s Kitchen
- Azeema of Azee’s Kitchen Blog
- Veena Krishnakumar of Veg Junction
- Srivalli Jetti of Spicing Your Life
- Rujuta of The world according to Rujuta
- Harini – Jaya of Tamalpaku
- Gayathri Anand of Kavithavin Kaivannam
- Ivan of Evano Oruvanin Diary
- Suma Gandlur of Veggie Platter
- Sowmya Madhavan of