Pooris are one of Lil Angels favorite dishes.And when it is paired with Masal, she is on her own to finish off the breakfast.It is not possible to make this everyday and so I prepare various types of pooris at least once a week for her.
This week it was this pretty pink poori which she loves.Will share her other favorites in the coming posts. I use beetroot to color the pooris.Initially when I watched Lil one savor these pooris I thought they would be sweet from the beets I used but it was not exactly so.Since I used a small quantity, it imparted its color and not its flavor.
Whole wheat flour – 3 cups
Beetroot – 1 small
Ajwain seeds -1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Peel and roughly chop the beetroot.Pressure cook it with a little water.
- Cool and puree the boiled beetroot without adding water.
- In a large bowl, put in wheat flour, salt, ajwain and mix well.
- Add the puree little by little and make a stiff dough.[If you have extra puree use that and the water used to cook the beetroot to make beetroot soup.]
- Pinch out a ball of dough and roll it into a sheet.
- Use a round cookie cutter or a bottle cap to make small circles
- Heat oil for frying and when it is hot, lower the flame and deep fry the small poori’s .
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Repeat for the remaining dough.
- Serve with masal or any other side dish of your choice.
|Beetroot Poori with Potato Masal|
- Since Lil Angel loves this, I made mini pooris for her.If you are preparing this for adults, roll out into regular sized pooris.
- If you feel they are sweet, add chilli flakes / chilli powder while making the dough
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of beetroot to suit your taste
Sending this to B is for Breakfast event
Toddler breakfast ideas event.
Today is the second day of blogging marathon and here are my friends who are running it along with me.
2010 – I went overboard this day last year .I prepared and posted three Moroccon dishes for an event…
2009 – Announced the theme for AWED event – Let’s travel to Korea