Another easy dessert with fruits.As usual you will find the omnipresent Dates here too.I have been looking for ways and means to use up the huge batch of Dates in my pantry. This time I added figs along with it. It gave a light crunchiness and the texture was extremely delectable.
Milk- 1 litre
Figs, soaked in warm water for an hour – 10 numbers
Dates , seedless – 10 numbers
Toasted coconut flakes- 1 tablespoon
Roasted cashews – a few
Raisins fried in ghee- a few
- Bring milk to a boil and simmer.
- Drain the figs and grind it with dates. Use a little milk if required.
- When the milk reduces to 3/4 the original quantity, add the figs, dates paste.
- Simmer till it thickens to the consistency of your liking. Keep stirring once in a while
- Remove from heat and add toasted coconut, cashews and raisin.
- I have not added sugar / jaggery in this recipe. The kheer had the tight sweetness which I felt was just right. You can add sugar // jaggery if you like it a little sweet.
- Instead of making a smooth paste of dates and figs, grind to a coarse paste and you will have a kheer with little chunks of fruits to bite into.
Khushi’s My Diwali My way
This Day That Year…