A fat free dessert for Diwali!!I saw this recipe in Harini’s Tamalpaku and knew I had to make these cuties.I made a couple of changes in her recipe.This dessert was worth the try.I felt it was very innovative to use bread in with dates and the taste was awesome without a hint of taste from the bread crumbs…
Adapted from Tamalpaku
Dates 15 numbers
Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup [more or less]
Cinnamon powder- a pinch
Cardamom powder- a pinch
Mixed nuts powder- 2 tablespoons [ I used almonds and cashews]
Milk – a few tablespoons
Coconut, grated- 1/2 cup
- Grind the dates with a little milk to a fine paste.
- In a bowl take this paste, bread crumbs,cardamom powder, cinnamon powder, nuts powder and mix well.If the dough is sticky add a little more nuts powder / bread crumbs.
- Pinch out small balls and roll into laddus.
- Roll them over the grated coconut.
- Use desiccated coconut if you make a large batch as it will stay good for longer. Since I made small batch and did not have desiccated coconut, I used fresh coconut.
- Coconut can also be used as a garnish instead of rolling it over coconut.
Khushi’s My Diwali My way
This Day That Year…
2010 – Vegan Pad Thai