When we are bored with the usual coconut chutney for idli and dosa this chutney made with peanut and coriander is a welcome change.In the postpartum period, peanut can be used in small quantities and mom made this chutney for me.It was such a yummy side dish and I loved the nutty coriander flavor of the chutney.
The health benefits of Coriander leaves are numerous.
- It is a natural body cleanser.It removes the toxins and heavy metals from the body.
- On regular usage,it increases the HDL or the good cholesterol levels in the blood
- Good source of Iron and Magnesium
- Has strong antioxidant properties
- Reduces minor swellings
- Promotes liver function etc.
So here is the chutney made from this super good leaf….
Peanut,roasted – 1 cup
Coriander leaves- 1 bunch
Ginger- 1″ piece
Salt to taste
Mustard -1 teaspoon
Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
Curry leaves- a few
Oil- 1 teaspoon
- Grind together coriander leaves, peanuts, ginger and salt using water.Transfer the chutney into a bow.
- Heat oil and put in the ingredients listed under seasoning.When it splutters, pour over the chutney and mix well.
Serve along with idli / dosa
You can replace half the quantity of peanuts with grated coconut