The taste was quite different from what I expected.Yet, it tasted great. Loved the combo of coriander seeds and sesame seeds….
Coriander seeds- 2 teaspoons
Sesame seeds -2 teaspoons
Dry Red chilli -1
Thick tamarind extract -1 tablespoon
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida powder- a pinch
Curry leaves- a few
- Peel and chop the carrot into chunks.
- Pressure cook with a little water for 1 whistle. Keep aside to cool.Alternatively you can cook it in the microwave too.
- In a pan dry roast coriander seeds, sesame seeds and red chillies till they turn light brown.
- Cool and powder.
- To this add the cooked carrot,tamarind paste and salt.Grind to a semi coarse paste.Transfer into a bowl.
- Heat oil for seasoning,add the ingredients mentioned under ‘seasoning’, except curry leaves
- When the dal turns brown ,add curry leaves and pour over the chutney.
Serve this along with steamed rice or tiffin’s like Idli / dosa
We had this with crispy dosa…
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#16