For a long,long time, I have been wanting to prepare briyani / pulao with mushrooms.But when I get a packet of mushrooms it goes into some gravy or turns into a curry.Finally I got a chance to make it for Taste and Create for which I am paired with Min of Bad Girl’s Kitchen and I have been paired with her several times.
This time, I wanted something to go with the Blogging marathon theme,so I selected this recipe which she had tried earlier for Taste and Create. We loved the pulao and it has become our new favorite..
Mushroom- Peas Pulao
Source – Bad Girl’s Kitchen
- Clean and chop the mushrooms. Wash the rice and soak for 15 minutes.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and put in the cumin seeds and cloves.
- When the cumin crackles, add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the onion and cook till translucent.
- Put in the mushrooms. The mushrooms will sweat. so cook till they turn brown and the moisture has evaporated completely.
- Put in the masala powders and mix well. Let it cook for a minute.
- Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
- Put in the rice[discard the soaked water] ,peas and salt.
- Stir to mix.Put in the mint leaves and pressure cook for 15 minutes or till done.
- When the pressure releases, mix and serve hot with a raita of your choice.
- You can use any rice variety. Adjust the water accordingly.The key is to cook the rice in such a way that the grains are separate and not mushy.
- You can also add 1/4 cup corn along with the peas.
- Cooking time will vary.Adjust accordingly.
Recipes posted here for BM #18
Week 1 – Dry Vegetable Sautes
Week 2 – Stuffed dishes
Week 3 – Kid’s delight – Warm foods to beat the rain
Week 4 – Special theme