It is always intersting to try out recipes from other blogs.We get to taste different dishes from various cultures from around the globe. I have prepared dishes that I normally would not try to make at home and sometimes it is the dish I have never tasted till I make it at home. In all, cooking something new from another blog is exciting.This is exactly why I never miss cooking for Taste and Create.
This month I was paired with Vijayalakshmi of Virunthu unna vaanga.After a long time I am being paired with an Indian blogger!I saw this rice recipe and wanted to make it for lunch. It was indeed a tasty dish and we loved it with raita and some crispies.
Source :Virunthu Unna Vaanga
Rice- 1 cup
Potato -2,peeled and chopped into small pieces
Onion- 1, chopped
Garlic- 5 pods,grated
Curry leaves- a few
Corinder powder- 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder- 1 teaspoon
Soy sauce- 1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon
- Cook rice and spread it on a plate to cool. The rice should be cooked in such a way that the grains are seperate.
- Cook the potato.This can be done on the stove top / Microwave oven.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the fennel seeds.
- When it splutters, add the onion , garlic and curry leaves.Saute till the onion is light brown.
- Put in the tomato and cook till it is soft.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder and soy sauce.
- Mix well and cook for a few minutes. If the mixture is dry, sprinkle a little water.
- Add the rice,cooked potato and mix well.Check for salt and add if needed. The soy sauce has salt so add after tasting.
- Cook on low flame for a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Remove from heat and serve as such / with a raita of your choice.
Sending this delicious platter to Srivalli’s 30 minute meal mela