Fried snacks are a favorite in my household.I made this crispy Vada last Sunday and no one really knew it had cabbage in it!No one is a fan of cabbage at home except me. So I never mentioned the cabbage part until the vadas disappread..
I have made a couple of changes from her recipe. I omitted green chillies and added red chilli powder. Lil Angel does not fancy biting into chillies in her favorite vadas.I also added 2 teaspoons of rice flour to the batter.
Source : Rak’s Kitchen [Check out her recipe for step-by-step instructions]
Urad dal, white,Whole – 1 cup
Finely chopped cabbage 1 cup
Rice flour -2 teaspoons
Red chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Grated ginger- 1/2 teaspoon
Asafoetida – a pinch
Curry leaves- a few , chopped
Coriander leaves- a few , chopped
Salt to taste
Oil to deep fry.
- Wash and soak urad dhal for 3 hours. Drain and grind to fine paste in a mixer. Add as little water as possible and scrape out the sides so that the batter is evenly ground and there is no trace of whole urad dhal.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredient along with the ground batter.
- Heat oil to deep fry.
- Wet your hands and take a small amount of batter.Form a ball and flatten it and make a hole in the center.
- Gently drop it into hot oil.
- Fry till both sides are golden brown.Drain on absorbent paper.
|Cabbage Vada served with
Sambar and Coriander-Coconut chutney
Linking this to Your Best Recipes….