One of the simple things that can please Lil Angel are the milkshakes in different flavors. When I wanted to cook from books for this weeks blogging Marathon theme, I was on the look out for easy milkshakes. This one is from Tarla Dalal’s Protein rich Recipes.
This shake is supposed to be ideal for pregnant women since it is protein rich and proteins are essential during pregnancy to facilitate the proper development of the fetal tissues.Protein is also required for kids so made this for my lil ones who enjoyed it and were asking for more…
Bananas – 2, medium sized, roughly chopped
Mixed nuts- a handful[ I used almonds and pistachio]
Milk- 2 cups
Chopped nuts to garnish
- In a blender powder the nuts.
- Add bananas and puree.
- Finally add milk and blend for a few minutes.
- Serve garnished with chopped nuts.
- The original recipe uses crushed ice but I skipped that.
- The bananas were sweet enough so I did not add a sweetener.