Necessity is the mother of all inventions.. That proverb or saying explains a lot of things including how this dish came into being.
A few months back, when we were planning for dinner, it turned out that there was nothing which interested Lil Angel.She kept refusing to have anything that was available at home. Desperate to make her eat something, I decided to make her favourite pasta dish only to find I was out of veggies.So I just cooked it in a tomato sauce and added a generous helping of grated cheese.
I was really not sure how my experiment would turn out. A bite or two later, she happily announced that this was the yummiest dish she had tasted!!
So whenever hunger pangs strike, this is the dish I turn to as I am sure she will polish off the plate and now Lil dude has joined in and loves this pasta!
This dish is specially for Pavani’s event- 5 ingredient fix, which she is hosting this month in Srivalli’s Kid’s Delight event.She has given salt/sugar, chilli powder/pepper powder, oil/butter as freebies and this dish which uses very few ingredients seems apt for her event.
Whole wheat pasta – 1 cup
Garlic-2 pods, grated
Oregano – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Kashmiri chili powder- 1 teaspoon
Butter- 1 teaspoon
- Pressure cook the pasta with 2 cups of water for 2 hisses / 8 minutes.
- While this is being cooked chop tomatoes and grate the garlic.
- Heat butter in a pan and add the garlic .Saute for a minute on low flame.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for a minute.
- Put in 1/2 cup water and let it simmer till the tomatoes are mushy.
- Add the oregano, salt, kashmiri chili powder and mix well.
- When the pressure releases, drain the pasta and add to the pan.
- Simmer and mix well so that the tomato sauce coats the pasta.
- Let the flavors blend for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a serving plate.
- You can also cook the pasta as you normally do and then proceed as above.
- Add any herbs to suit your taste
- You can use regular chilli powder / pepper powder.
- Oil can be used instead of butter