This is one of the vegetables that has a million fans and a million ways to cook it!!
Here are some trivia …
- Did you know that potato is related to tomato and tobacco!!??
- Its name comes from Spanish- Patata
- Up to the 18th century, the French thought potatoes caused leprosy!
- Idaho is the ‘Land of Famous Potatoes’
- Traditionally Potato was used to make Vodka
- Potato was the first vegetable to be grown in space.
Potato,apart from being a delicious addition to any meal, has a variety of health benefits too..
- It is a great source of Potassium
- Good source of Vitamin B6 and Vitamin C
- Good source of Iron as well.
- Potato help restore electrolyte balance
- It is said to have heart protective properties and anti cancer properties
- Good natural source of soluble and insoluble fiber
Potato is one vegetable that is never missing in our kitchen. Here is what I have cooked with potato…