Here are some facts about this country…
- The Czech Republic has over 2000 castes / caste ruins!
- Tourism is the major source of economy for this country.
- This country boasts of being the largest consumers of beer.
- Czech has some well known spa towns.
- Tennis champion Martina Navratilova and Ivan Lendl hail from this country.
- 90% of the population have completed secondary education!
- Soft contact lenses were discovered by a Czech national named Otto Wicheterle.
- Christmas dinner in this country would be considered incomplete if carp is not served.
Cuisine of Czech Republic:
Here is something that I read while searching for the recipes from this cuisine…
This cuisine is not not exactly synonymous with healthy cooking.They are mostly rich in calories, fat and sugar! Now a day , the people are shifting towards to more healthier food styles.
A Czech meal often starts with a soup.The main course has some meat and side dishes.There are a lot of desserts in this cuisine that are tasty and fatty!A lot of butter and whipped cream is used and the
Some dishes unique to this cuisine are
- Roast pork with bread dumplings and stewed cabbage
- Beef roast with steamed dumplings and creamy vegetable sauce
- Roast duck with dumpling and red cabbage
- Potato pancakes
- Carp for Christmas
- Fried Cheese
- Honey cakes
- Crepes with different fillings
- Fruit filled dumplings.