Some interesting facts on France…
- It is officially known as the French Republic. The name France is derived from the Latin word – Francia , meaning ‘Land of the Franks’.
- French, the official language in this country stands second as the widely studied language in the world after English.
- France has 7 mountain ranges and 5 major rivers.
- The famous Mona Lisa is housed in the Louvre museum.
- The Eiffel tower is one of the most visited monuments in the world.
- The glass pyramid that stands outside the Louvre museum was built as a tribute to the Egyptians.
- Louis Pasteur the French scientist made discoveries in the field of microbiology and chemistry.
- The French love their cheese and there are over 1000 varieties of it in the market!
- There are 17 wine producing regions in France and all of those wines pair beautifully with those cheeses.
- The Jean clothing originated in France and it was originally used to make tough clothing for the gold diggers
It is one of the famous and well known cuisines of the world.It is characterized by extreme diversities.Each region has its own specialties. This article takes you through the French Cuisine…