Pineapple is a tropical fruit that beautifully balances a sweet and tart taste.This tropical plant belongs to the Bromeliaceae family.
Here are some of the health benefits / nutritional aspects of this delicious fruit…
- It is low in calories providing approximately 50 calories / 100 grams of fresh fruit.
- Though it has fewer calories, it is a store house of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are essential for a healthy body.
- Pineapple has a proteolytic enzyme called bromelain, which has anti inflammatory, anti cancer and anti clotting properties. It helps in the breakdown of proteins, thereby aiding in digestion.
- It is an excellent source of Vitamin C
- Pineapple also has a small amount of Vitamin A
- Apart from this, it is rich in B complex Vitamins,Potassium, Manganese and Copper.
- It is zero cholesterol / saturated fats.
- It is rich in dietary fiber.
Here are some recipes to try …..