I am very late in joining the Quinoa bandwagon. But better late than never,right!
Here are a few facts on this grain…
- This is a 7000 year old grain that actually originated in the mountainous region of South America
- Quinoa is a protein rich food that contains all the 9 essential amino acids thereby making it similar to animal protein.
- It is considered to be the world’s healthiest food
- Quinoa is a gluten free grain
- It is good for the heart
- It contains flavinods thereby making it an antioxidant rich food.
- Fiber rich food
- It contains loads of Vitamins and minerals thereby making it a very healthy food that helps to prevent diseases.
Here are some recipes with Quinoa from my kitchen