Carrot Methi Subzi | Carrot Fenugreek Leaves Stir-Fry Recipe-I never knew carrots and fenugreek leaves would combine to give such a flavorful curry!
This recipe is from Tarla Dalal’s Delicious Diabetic Recipes Cookbook and came across this when I was looking for some everyday dishes to post for the cooking from cookbook challenge.
The sweetness of the carrot is so beautifully balanced by the hint of bitterness from the fenugreek leaves / methi leaves.This will be a regular in our place from now on as we all loved the blend of flavors!
A simple with stir fry with carrot and fengreek leaves
- 1 cup Chopped Carrot,boiled
- 1 cup Methi / Fenugreek leaves,chopped
- 1 number Onion,small, chopped
- 1" piece Ginger, grated
- 2 pods Garlic,finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- A Large pinch Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Sambar Powder
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds
When it splutters, add onion, ginger and garlic and saute till the onion is soft
Now add the chopped methi leaves and saute till it wilts.
Add the boiled carrot, turmeric powder, salt and sambar powder.
Cook on low flame for a few minutes and remove from heat
Serve with Roti / Steamed rice
- The original recipe used coriander powder,I have used sambar powder. Next time I am planning to try it out with a bit of Pav Bhaji / Channa masala powder!
This is part of July Week 4, Cooking from Cookbook Challenge Group.