We are nearing the end of the A-Z flat bread series and all the tough/tricky alphabets are coming around!I was in a fix when it came to W.We have Warqi paratha but it sounded a bit laborious. So I opted for this Winter Melon Paratha Recipe when I ran out of ideas for this alphabet!
Winter melon / White pumpkin/ Wax gourd / Vellai pusanikai is a nutritious vegetable and I have added this in the paratha dough.This makes it a deliciously flavored and filling flatbread.
Here is how to prepare Winter Melon Paratha
Grated winter melon/ Ash gourd – 1/2 cup [squeeze out the water]
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Fresh coriander leaves chopped- 2 tablespoons
Kalonji- 1/2 teaspoon
Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
Grated ginger-1/2 teaspoon
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
- Take all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead to a non sticky dough.
- Pinch out small balls of dough and roll it out into a circle. Dust a little flour on the board if needed.
- Cook on a heated griddle till brown spots appear on both sides.
- Remove from griddle and repeat for the remaining dough.
- Serve with a side of your choice.