Since I had only a cup of horsegram ,I added some chana dhal.Otherwise the recipe is the same.It was yummy with lunch and luckily I had some dhal mixture left so we had a few vadais with our evening tea as well.Crispy Vadais and piping hot cup of tea on a cold and lazy Sunday evening is absolute bliss,don’t you agree!
Source – Priya’s Easy N Tasty Recipes
I used :
Kollu / Horse gram -1 cup
Channa dhal -1/2 a cup
Onion -1 , finely chopped
Grated ginger- 1 teaspoon
Fennel seeds- 1 teaspoon
Curry leaves, chopped – a few
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- Soak kollu / horse gram for 2 hours. Soak chana dhal for half an hour.
- Drain water from both the lentils,and grind along with red chilli.Grind to a coarse paste . Add a few teaspoons of water if required, not more.
- Transfer the paste into a vessel and add onion, curry leaves, ginger paste, asafetida powder , fennel seeds, salt.
- Mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying
- Shape the dhal mixture into balls and flatten them lightly.
- Gently drop them into hot oil and fry till golden brown on both side.
- Drain and serve as such or with tomato sauce / a piping hot cup of tea / coffee.
2008 – My mom’s recipe for a delicious Saaru / Rasam