A whole bunch of chaats can be served if these crispy puri’s are ready.These Puri’s can be prepared ahead of time and stored in air tight containers for later use.
All purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
Ajwain – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying
- In a bowl take maida, ajwain, oil, salt.Mix well.
- Add water little by little and knead to a stiff dough.
- Pinch out a golf sized ball and roll in out into a thin sheet.
- Take a cookie cutter or a bottle cap to press out small circles.
- Prick holes with a fork so that the puris don’t puff up.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Fry the small puri’s in batched till they are golden brown.
- Drain and cool completely.
- Store in air tight containers and use as required.
If you are health conscious you can also bake these puri’s instead of deep frying them..
These crispy puri’s can be eaten as snack or can be dressed up and served in a variety of ways and you are going to see all of them in my forthcoming posts…