It has been a while since I posted for the #BreadBakers .So this month when Pavani of Cook’s Hideout selected Family feast breads, I wanted to bake something festive. I was not in a mood to do something elaborate nor try using yeast as the climate is so gloomy and rainy and I knew the yeast does not favor such climates. So I decided on a quick bread for this month..
I am totally not happy with the pics as the sun light was fading out and it had started to rain. And my mood was in sync with the weather outside!!!I could have done better but you guys will have to do with this pic till I bake this again 🙂
All Purpose Flour- 3/4 cup
Coconut blossom sugar- 1/2 cup
Vegetable oil- 1/4 cup
Yogurt- 1/2 cup
Baking powder- 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda – 1/4 teaspoon
pineapple essence- 1/2 teaspoon[adjust to taste]
Grated coconut-1/2 cup+ for topping
Pineapple pieces,chopped- 1/4 cup
Toast the coconut in a pan till it turns light brown.Remove onto a plate and set aside.
Take the coconut blossom sugar in a bowl.Add yogurt and mix well. Add the baking powder and baking soda and mix gently. Within a minute,the mixture will froth up. Add the oil and mix gently.
In a bowl, take the sifted flour, add the pineapple pieces and cherries, the yogurt mixture,toasted coconut,pineapple essence and mix to combine but do not over mix.Pour into a small loaf tin.Top with a few teaspoons of grated coconut.
Place in a pre heated oven and bake at 180 degree C for 20 minutes / till done.Remove from the oven once done and let it cool a bit. Transfer onto a wire rack and let it cool completely. Slice and serve.
The delicious quick bread is ready to be served.
- Regular sugar can be used instead of coconut blossom sugar.
- The essence that I used was strong enough so I used only 1/2 teaspoon.Adjust the quantity depending on how strong the flavor is.
Let’s take a look at what my fellow bakers have baked for this month’s Family Feast Breads event:
- Butterflake Rolls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cardamom Fig Braid from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Challah Bread from la cocina de Aisha
- Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Buns from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken in a Blanket from Sneha’s Recipe
- Classic Dinner Rolls from A Baker’s House
- Cloverleaf Rolls from En La Cocina de Caro
- Cranberry & Orange Spice Bread from Baking in Pyjamas
- Eggless Coconut Pineapple Quick Bread from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Edible Bread Basket from Passion Kneaded
- Mallorcan Ensaimadas from Ruchik Randhap
- Meyer Lemon & Cranberry Einkorn Bread from The Schizo Chef
- Pear Pie Cinnamon Rolls from From Gate to Plate
- Poppy Seed Coiled Challah from Bakingyummies
- Poppyseed Roll from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Povitica from Spiceroots
- Pumpkin Dinner Rolls from Cook’s Hideout
- Pumpkin Yeast Bread from Hostess At Heart
- Rose-shaped Buns from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Savory Cheddar Honey Butter Rolls from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Simple High Fibre Baguettes from What Smells So Good?
- Smoked Cheddar Caramelized Onion Dinner Rolls from Noshing With The Nolands
- Sweet Dumpling Squash Drop Biscuits from Magnolia Days
- Thanksgiving Wreath Braided Bread Centerpiece from Pastry Chef Online
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.