Bellpepper and Paneer Stuffed Lattice Bread | #BreadBakers with step by step pictures
It has been a while since I posted something for the blog and an even a longer time since I baked anything. So this month I have decided to do all the posts for the groups I have signed up into and feed the family and the blog with something other than the regular dishes.
This is a very simple bread with loads of flavor. The mini portions means that it can be served as a finger food and the paneer[cottage cheese] is a kids favorite. The lattice design/shape of the bread makes it look all the more irresistible.
I have made some changes to the stuffing from Veena’s recipe and added paneer as the kids love it.
Now on to the recipe….
Adapted from Veg Nation
For the dough:
Whole wheat flour – 1 cup
Instant yeast- 1/2 teaspoon
Sugar- 1/2 teaspoon
Salt – 1/4 teaspoon
Chili flakes- 1/4 teaspoon
Oil- 2 tablespoons
Water to knead the dough
Capsicum / bell pepper- 1 medium sized, chopped
Onion- 1 small, chopped
Paneer [cottage cheese]-1/4 cup, finely chopped
Chili flakes- 1/4 teaspoon
Soy sauce- 1/4 teaspoon
Hot and sweet sauce – 1/2 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Grated cheese as needed
Milk to brush the top of the bread
Sesame seeds to sprinkle on top
In a bowl take all the ingredients for the dough [except water] and knead to a smooth and elastic dough, adding water little by little.Shape the dough
into a ball and place in a well-oiled bowl, turn to coat the dough and then
cover loosely and let it rise till it has doubled (about an hour or so).
Meanwhile prepare the filling.
Heat oil in a pan and add the onion and bell pepper. Saute for a minute and add chili flakes, salt.
Put in paneer, soy sauce, hot and sweet sauce and cook on low for a minute. Remove from pan and keep aside.
Once the dough has risen , punch it out and divide into 2 pieces. Roll out each ball into a circle and cut into quadrants.Divide the filling into 8 and place a portion of filling in the center. Add the grated cheese.Make slashes and fold as shown.
Fold the bread as shown.Transfer onto the prepared baking tray. Repeat for the remaining pieces
Cover loosely and let it sit for 30 minutes.Brush with milk and sprinkle sesame seeds and press them down gently so that they stick to the surface.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes / till the bottom starts to brown lightly.
Cool on a wire rack.
Serve as such or with a dip of your choice
- You can use All purpose flour instead of wheat flour.
- The filling will be more colorful if multicolor bell peppers are used
- The first rise time will vary on the quality of the yeast and also the climate. So wait till it rises to double the volume.
- Baking time will also vary. Bake for 10 minutes and then keep checking if the bottom has started turning brown. I baked the batch for 12 minutes.
- If you are making larger breads, the baking time will increase / vary.
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Breads with Peppers
- Bellpeppers and Cheese Scones by Basic N Delicious
- Bellpepper and Paneer Stuffed Lattice Bread by Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Bell Pepper Stuffed Whole Wheat Buns by Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Capsicum Onion Pizza with Wholegrain Base by Ambrosia
- Cheddar and Jalapeño Scones by Herbivore Cucina
- Cheese Stuffed Peppadew Stuffed Buns by Food Lust People Love
- Crushed Red Pepper Grissini by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Fatayer Jebneh by Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Green Chile and Cheddar Biscuits by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hatch Chile Zucchini Bread by Magnolia Days
- Jalapeño Bread by Cook’s Hideout
- Jalapeño Flour Tortillas by Hostess At Heart
- Jalapeño Sourdough Corn Bread by Baking Sense
- Msemen Maamer – Moroccan Flatbread Stuffed with Peppers by The Bread She Bakes
- Parmesan Cracked Pepper Beer Bread by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pepper Pav Buns by Sizzling Tastebuds
- Roasted Red Pepper Bread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Roasted Red Pepper Fougasse by Spiceroots
- Spicy Herb Monkey Bread by Passion Kneaded
- Whole Wheat Spicy Rolls by Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Vegetable Stuffed Braided Bread by My Cooking Journey
- Zucchini and Pepper Cornbread by Palatable Pastime