Sprouts are a great source of nutrients.Instead of the regular dosa this one is a great change in taste.Also this batter does not need to be fermented- it can be used immediately after the batter is ground.
Sprouted moong – 3 cups
Rice- 1 cup
Urad dhal- ¼ cup
Cumin seeds- 2 teaspoons
Salt to taste
1. Soak the rice and dal in water for 2 hours.
2. Drain the water and grind rice,urad dhal and sprouted moong to a smooth batter with a little water.The batter should be a little thinner in consistency than regular dosa batter.
3. Add salt and cumin seeds to the batter and mix well.
4. Heat a griddle and pour a ladleful of batter in the center. Spread it to a circle and cook.
5. When the edges leave the pan flip it over and cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve with sambar/ chutney of your choice.
- You can also add finely chopped onions, green chillies,curry leaves to the batter.
- If you have leftover batter, store it in the fridge and use later.
2009 – Cabbage Rice