Blogging Marathon edition 3 starts from today and will go on for a whole week.As always, Srivalli suggested some themes and I chose ‘Kids friendly recipes’.Take a look at my fellow bloggers to see what they are cooking….
Champa,Divya,Gayathri Anand,Gayathri Kumar,Monica,Padma Dharmaraj, Savitha, Smitha, Srivalli, Usha, Veena Aravind.
I tend to call any dish ‘kid friendly’ if my Lil one eats it without much fuss.Soups are something that need no coaxing.I had a pack of alphabet pasta and added a handful to the soup.Lil Angel is still too young to recognize the alphabets,yet it was fun to watch her guess them.
Capsicum,red – 1
Tomato – 2
Alphabet Pasta -a handful , cooked according to the direction on the pack
Garlic- 2 large cloves
Ginger- 1″ piece
Vegetable stock / water -1 -2 cups
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
Chilli flakes- to taste
Salt to taste
Toasted sesame seeds and coriander to garnish
- Chop the veggies roughly and pressure cook / microwave with enough water till they are soft.I pressure cooked the veggies along with garlic and ginger.
- Cool and puree along with the water used to cook it.
- Heat a pan and pour in the puree.
- Add vegetable stock / water to get the consistency of your choice.
- Add the cooked pasta .
- Put in cumin and chilli flakes and bring to boil.
- Simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and coriander leaves and serve hot as such or with bread rolls / bun.
This soup can be improvised in a thousand ways.These are just a few that I do often to give a change ….
- Instead of vegetable stock add a cup of milk when the soup is simmering
- Add a swirl of fresh cream as a garnish
- A cup of orange juice can be used along with vegetable stock.
This day That year…
2010 – Methi Muttar Pulao
2008 – Does the food you eat affect your mood? Find out from this post