Blogging Marathon organised by Srivalli [of Cooking 4 all seasons and spicing your life fame] has opened up a whole new world of friendship. The bond that we share helps us move ahead in times of Joys and sorrow.We are like a family now. When this lovely group threw me a surprise Baby shower a couple of months ago, I was so touched by their sweet gesture.
Now,it is time for another celebration.Aarthi is getting married this month and we thought we will host her a Bridal shower.I have known Aarthi through blogging marathon and she blogs at Yummy Tummy . Her step by step pictorial recipes for each and every dish shows her dedication and enthusiasm in blogging. Since we are related through ‘food’,we decided to prepare something for her from her blog itself.
While browsing through her large collection of recipes, I saw this Carrot Kheer recipe and she has mentioned that it is one of her favourites. And since all celebrations have to have a dessert, I made this for her…
Carrots – 1/2 kilo. peeled and grated
Milk – 1/2 liter
Condensed milk – 1/4 cup
Sugar – 1/4 cup
Ghee- 1 tablespoon
Roasted nuts for garnishing
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat ghee for 30 seconds on medium power.
- Put in the grated carrots and mix well.
- Microwave covered for 8 minutes on high power till the carrot is almost cooked.Stir a couple of times in between.
- Add milk,sugar,mix well and microwave on medium power for 5 minutes or till the carrot is completely cooked.Stir once in between.
- Let it cool a bit.Drain and take out 3/4th of the cooked carrot from the above mixture and grind it to a paste using the milk used to cook it.
- Add this paste to the bowl with the remaining carrot-milk mixture.
- Add the condensed milk and mix well.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on medium power.
Transfer into a serving dish, garnish with nuts and serve.
- This kheer tastes best when served chilled
- Adjust sugar to suit your taste
- You can also prepare this on the stove top.Refer to Aarthi’s Carrot Kheer recipe.
- If you like cardamom flavor, add a pinch of it in step 4
- You can add more milk if you prefer a kheer of a thinner consistency.
Aarthi, hope you liked the Carrot kheer I made for you….