Pasta is one of our favorites and when I was paired with Corina who blogs at Searching For spice;for this month’s edition of Taste and Create, I searched for pasta recipes and found this one which was perfect for our taste buds.A simple , no-fuss dish that can be whipped up at short notice and comes in handy when there are no vegetable around.
Recipe source –Searching For Spice
Pasta – 1 cup
Tomato ,ripe – 2 large, chopped
Onion- 1, small,chopped
Garlic- 2,pods, chopped
Capsicum-1/2 small, chopped
Chilli – 1, chopped
Oil- 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Grated cheese to garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the directions on the pack. Drain and keep aside.
- Meanwhile,heat oil in a pan and saute onion, chilli, garlic till the onion is a trasnlucent.
- Add the capsicum and the tomato and cook till the tomato is mushy.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and bring to boil.
- Put in the cooked pasta and mix to coat and the water is absorbed.
- Serve hot garnished with grated cheese.
- The spice level was just right for us. You can increase / decrease the number of chillies used.
- You can also use chilli powder instead of green chillies. Add it along with the tomato and cook till the raw smell goes off and then add water.