Carrots are generally associated as a vegetable with a bright orange color but there are also purple ,yellow ,white and red colored carrots…
Carrots are known to have been cultivated as early as the 15th and 16th century.
The carrots belong to the Umbelliferae family and they are named this after the umbrella like flower clusters that plants in this family produce.Scientific name: Daucus carota
They are related to plants like parsley,fennel, parsnip,cumin and dill.
- Anti oxidant
- Good for the heart
- Improves / maintains vision healthy or in other words good for the eyes.
- Rich in fiber
- Slows down ageing
- Good for the skin
- Protects teeth and gums
- Prevents stroke
- Provides approx. 41 calories / 100 grams
- Good source of Vitamin A and carotenes
- Rich in Vitamin B,C
- Very negligible quantities of fat and zero cholesterol.
- Source of minerals like copper, calcium, potassium, manganese and
Here are some dishes that have carrot as the star ingredient….