This post is really hot off the griddle.Yes! I made it just a few minutes ago and now its here on the blog! These days I have been cooking,clicking and posting all on the deadline!! Anyway, here comes the post for the group that I have just joined – #BreadBakers.
One of the frequently ordered dishes in the restaurant is Naan. Naan, a popular flat bread in India and the neighboring countries, can be made with or without yeast.
Our host for #BreadBakes,Mir of The Schizo Chef,wanted us to make a yeasted flat bread and this naan was the first dish that came to my mind!
Whole wheat flour- 1 cup
All purpose flour-1/2 cup
Instant yeast-3/4 teaspoon
Yogurt – 2 teaspoons
Warm milk-1/4 cup
Salt to taste
For the topping:
Mix the following ingredients in a plate and keep aside
Garlic-2 large pods, finely sliced
Sesame seeds- 2 teaspoons
Kalonji / onion seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves, finely chopped – a few sprigs
Melted butter for brushing
Take both the flours in a bowl, add salt.yeast,oil and yogurt.
Mix well and add milk little by little .Add more water if necessary. Knead to a smooth dough. Continue kneading for 8-10 minutes. Apply oil all over the dough and keep covered in an oiled bowl. Let it double in volume.
Once the dough has doubles, remove from bowl and gently knead it. Divide into 5 parts.
Take a ball of dough and flatten it a bit. Pres on side of this disc over the plate with the ingredients listed under topping.Roll out with the topping part facing upwards.
Cook on both sides over a heated griddle till brown spots appear on both sides. Remove from griddle and immediately brush with melted butter.
Serve with a side dish of your choice…
- You can vary the quantity of whole wheat flour and APF. Or you can use just one kind of flour.
- Don’t add milk all in one go.Add little by little.
- The sesame, kalonji in the topping is optional.But it adds a nice flavor / crunch to the naan.
Here is what my fellow #BreadBakers have made today….
#BreadBakers – Yeasty Flatbreads
- Za’atar & Cheese Manakish – Lebanese Flabread by Ruchik Randhap
- Whole Wheat Pita Bread by G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Focaccia Bread by Simply Veggies
- Man’oushe – Lebanese Flatbread by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Grilled Naan by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spelt Biskers by What Smells So Good?
- Margherita Style Grilled Flatbread by Cali’s Cuisine
- Kesra – Moroccan Flatbread by Karen’s Kitchen’s Stories
- Homemade Naan by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Paneer Kulcha by I Camp in my Kitchen
- Garlic Naan by Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Chickpea Moroccan Flatbread by Food Lust People Love
- Roghni Roti by Sneha’s Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Onion Cheese Flatbread (Flammkuchen) by Magnolia Days
- Orange Herb Pitas by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Simple Pita Bread by A Baker’s House
- Tigelle Bread by Cooking Club
- Zaatar Khobez by Cook’s Hideout
- Emirati Khameer by The Schizo Chef
- Hönökaka – Swedish Flatbread by Passion Kneaded
- Sausage Gravy Pizza by Pastry Chef Online
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to firstname.lastname@example.org