Pea is the pea pod / pea fruit of the plant Pisum Sativam.It is an annual crop whose seeds and immature pods are used as food.
Health benefits and nutritional facts of Green Peas…
- Green peas are a good source of anti oxidants.
- Low in fat
- High in proteins and fiber
- It is a good source of Vitamin B2, B3,B6,folates that are necessary for a healthy heart.
- Good source of Vitamin K that is good for the bones
- Also rich in Vitamin A and C
- The niacin in peas reduces the bad cholesterol in the blood
- Peas contain purines and it is said that this vegetable is better avoided in people having gout / kidney disorders.
Here are some dishes with green peas….