This thali was prepared a couple of years back when we did a month long blogging marathon on the Indian States and their dishes.
Here is what I prepared for the thali from Karnataka.
On the menu
- Lemon pickle
- Majjige menusu / Uppachidha menisinkai – Sun dried chilies fried in oil.
- Kobbari pudi and sesame oil – Lentil and dried coconut spice mix
- Happala – Pappad
- Alugedde Palya – Potato Curry
- Tomato Bhath – Tomato rice
- Steamed rice drizzled with Ghee
- Molake huruli Kaalu Saaru – Sprouted horsegram gravy curry to go with rice
- Bellulli Saaru – Garlic rasam
- Majjege – Butter milk
Though there seems to be a lot of dishes on the menu, But it is quite simple.The pickle, sun dried chilies,lentil spice mix can be made ahead and stored. The main items are just a few and they are like the other regular dishes we prepare everyday.