A variation of the usual chappthi / Paratha.
There was a time when I used to run at the sight of green leafy vegetables…Though mom’s kootu and greens porriyal were tasty I just wouldn’t touch it. She used to coax me eat them giving me ‘n’ number of reasons and finally threaten me saying if I don’t eat them , I would fail in my studies.!!!I guess her tactics didn’t work so she switched over to alternative methods to get that stuff into my system.The result – I fell in love with meethi parathas!!
This is nutritious and can be taken along on a journey when you don’t wana eat spicy hotel food. The parathas are by themselves so yummmm that you can just enjoy it with pickle and yoghurt. I love it with mango pickle
Whole wheat flour – 2 cups
Meethi leaves – 1 cup
Mustard – 1 teaspoon
Jeera – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
Oil – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Heat oil in a kadai and put in mustard and jeera.
2. When they splutter add the meethi leaves and stir for a few minutes.[Some people skip this step but I prefer to saute the leaves a little].
3. Let it cool.
4. In a bowl mix all the ingredients with the sautéed meethi leaves adding warm water to form dough.
5. Let it stand for a few hours.
6. Pinch off a lump of dough and roll it out evenly.
7. Heat a griddle and cook it till you see brown spots on either side.
8. Drizzle oil if necessary.
9. Serve hot with a dollop of butter,pickle,yoghurt