This is the first time I am trying it out.Wanted something with carrots for JFI and rice for Rice mela.Result-Carrot rice…I had some of the masala powder I made for the capsicum rice and used it with carrots.I expected the rice to be sweet but I was wrong cos it tasted great…
Rice-1 cup,cooked [Grains should be seperate]
Grated carrot- 1/2 cup
Onion-1 finely chopped
Curry leaves-a few
Red chillies -4
Salt to taste
Jeera-1/2 a teaspoon
Urad dhal-1/2 a teaspoon
Roast in Ghee[1 teaspoon] and powder:
Red Chillies- 3 [More if u want it spicy]
Urad dhal-1 teaspoon
Roasted groundnuts-1 tablespoon
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard and jeera.
- When they splutter add curry leaves,redchillies and saute for a few seconds.
- Add onions and saute till transclucent.
- Put in the carrot and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Add the peanuts,salt and the 1-2 teaspoons[depending on ur taste] ground masala and mix well.
- After a few minutes add the cooked rice,sprinkle a little water if it is too dry and mix .
- Remove from heat after a few minutes
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with a raita and crispy.
Also in the rice mela…
Check out my team mates on RM # 2 day 28
1) DK 2) Siri 3) Srivalli 4) Ranji 5)PJ [That’s me]6)Curry Leaf 7)Medha 8)Priya 9)Bhawna 10)Raaji 11)Ruchii
12)Anu 13)Kamala 14)Roopa 15)Divya Kudua 16)Rekha 17)Divya M 18)Lakshmi 19)Raaga 20)Lakshmi Venkatesh 21)Sripriya22)Viji 23)Kamalika24)Pavani25)Karuna26)Roochi