I have missed a few editions in the #BreadBakers group.This months theme is Griddle Breads, hosted by Anshie of Spice Roots. With a theme this easy I did not want to miss the event.
So, presenting to you Phool Makhana Parathas or the Parathas with Puffed Lotus Seeds.
I have already written about the health benefits of Puffed Lotus Seeds. When Vaishali got me a huge bag of these seeds, I made sure to use them in various recipes.
This is a simple paratha/ flat bread recipe that is really soft and perfect for dinner/ breakfast or to pack for the kids lunch box.
Puffed lotus seeds- 1/2 cup
Whole wheat flour- 2 cups
Potato- 2 ,medium sized, boiled and peeled
Ajwain / Bishop’s weed- 1/2 teaspoon
Coriander leaves- 2 tablespoons
Salt to taste
Oil- 1 tablespoon,divided
Roast the puffed lotus seeds in 1/2 teaspoon oil till crunchy. Let it cool and powder. Keep aside.
In a large bowl, take the flour, ajwain,salt, powdered lotus seeds, coriander leaves and mix well. Add the boiled potato and mix again.Add water little by little and knead to a smooth dough. In the final stages of kneading, add the remaining oil and knead for 5 minutes.
Let it rest for 10 minutes. In the meantime heat a griddle / tawa. Pinch out a golf ball sized portion of the dough and roll out into parathas on a flour-dusted surface.Cook the paratha on the griddle, drizzling oil if needed[I usually don’t use oil to cook the parathas],till you get brown spots on either side.
Remove from griddle and serve with a side dish of your choice.
- Amaranth (Rajgira) Paratha from Herbivore Cucina
- Cheese and Potato Gözleme from Cook’s Hideout
- Corn Pancakes from Magnolia Days
- Cornmeal Griddle Cakes from Noshing With The Nolands
- English Muffins from La cocina de Aisha
- Fruity Hemp Seed Pancakes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Griddle Scones from Hostess At Heart
- Homemade Corn Tortillas from Kylee Cooks
- Lachha Paratha – Indian Layered Flatbread from Sara’s Tasty Buds
- Masala Poli – Spicy Potato Masala Stuffed Poli from I Camp in my Kitchen
- Masala Roti from Sneha’s Recipe
- Paneer Kulchas – Griddle Fried Cottage Cheese Flatbread from Sizzling Tastebuds
- Paruppu Poorana Poli from Gayathri’s Cook Spot
- Peanut Butter and Apple Griddle Cakes from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Phool Makhana Parathas (Puffed Lotus Seeds Parathas) from Seduce Your Tastebuds
- Saffron Unleavened Bread from Kidsandchic
- Satpadi – Spiced Griddle Bread from Spiceroots
- Scallion Pancakes from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Sourdough English Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Spicy Loli – Breakfast Flatbread from Food Lust People Love
- Spinach and Feta Gözleme from Spill the Spices
- Stacked Apple Arepas from The Schizo Chef
- Staffordshire Oatcakes with a Bacon & Cheese Filling from Ruchik Randhap
- Stove-Top Muffins (Diphaphata) from Wholistic Woman
- Swedish Polar Bread from G’Gina’s Kitchenette
- Vitumbua (Coconut Rice Pancake Balls) from Mayuri’s Jikoni
- Welsh Cakes from Passion Kneaded
- Yeast Raised Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes from Pastry Chef Online
#BreadBakers is a group of bread loving bakers who get together once a month to bake bread with a common ingredient or theme. Follow our Pinterest board right here. Links are also updated each month on this home page.
We take turns hosting each month and choosing the theme/ingredient.
If you are a food blogger and would like to join us, just send Stacy an email with your blog URL to email@example.com.