This is my kiddos favorite lunch box menu – Curd rice with potato fry and pickle. It is a very easy combo to put together as well.
For the lunch box
- For the curd rice, I mix rice with milk and add a little salt and curd. The curd rice sets by the lunch time. In winter I make the curd rice, the regular way and don’t add milk. But making it the regular way in summer will make it very sour to taste.
- Sometimes I add pomegranate / finely chopped raw mango / cucumber and coriander leaves.
- At other times I just add a seasoning of mustard, urad dal and cumin seeds.
- This pickle is very mild and is made with very little oil.And its my daughter’s favorite. In case you don’t have this pickle, keep a side of crisps / any other dish the child likes / prefers.
- The pickle can be made ahead and refrigerated.
- Potato can be boiled and kept in the fridge the night before.
- The garnishing [pomegranate, chopped mango / cucumber] can be readied and stored in the box and kept in the fridge.