The Eggless basic cookie dough that I discovered some years back is like have a genie in the pocket! I have made so many varieties of cookies using this basic dough and here is yet another one – Eggless Black Raisin Cookies Recipe.
I had a huge pack of Dark raisins and thought of using it in something so that it can feature as a post on the blog. When I was looking for cookie ideas I saw a similar one on Tarla Dalal’s site and decided to make mine with the cookie dough batch I made for this event – Bakeathon.
I usually make a batch and divide it into 5 portions and cling wrap each portion and freeze. When I need to bake, I thaw it on the kitchen counter and use flavors / add ons as needed and the cookie is done in a matter of minutes!!
Here is how to prepare Black Raisin Cookies Recipe
Eggless basic cookie dough – 180 grams
Dark / Black raisin, finely chopped- 3 tablespoons
Slivered almonds as needed
- Take the cookie dough and the chopped raisin in a bowl and mix to combine. If you have difficulty bringing it together, add a few drops of milk.
- Divide the dough into 2 balls and roll out each into a 1/2cm thickness sheet.
- Use cookie cutters to punch out different shapes.
- Place them on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Place an almond sliver on each cookie.
- Bake at 180 degree C in a pre heated oven for 8-10 minutes or till the bottom and the edges is light brown
- Transfer onto a cooling rack.Store in an air tight container once cooled.
- The cookies will be soft as soon as they are baked. It will turn crunchy once it cools down.
- The yield will depend on the size of cookie cutter used.
- The baking time will vary depending in the size and thickness of the cookie.
- Using Almonds is optional but it adds a nice crunch to the cookies.
Check out the other bloggers doing this Bake-a-thon