A cold soup from Algeria that needs no cooking and is delicious when served on a hot summer noon.
Plain yogurt- 2 cups
Ice water-1/2 a cup
Salt,pepper and chill powder to taste
- Grate the cucumber[with the skin] into a bowl.
- Add yogurt,garlic and coriander
- Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Chill for an hour.
- Stir in ice water.Adjust the consistency of the soup by adding more water if required.
- Pour into bowls and serve garnished with chilli powder and coriander leaves.
- You can use mint leaves instead of coriander leaves.
- You can even omit chilli powder .